The Coalition against Typhoid welcomes the submission of abstracts exhibiting original research or innovative programs related to typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses to be considered for oral and poster presentation. We encouraged submissions that introduce new ideas, research and understandings to the field, as well as analysis of both successes and failures.
The electronic submission system is NOW OPEN. Abstracts must be submitted by 11:59PM EST on June 16th and will be reviewed by an abstract review panel thereafter. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your abstract (a PDF of the guidelines can be found here):
When submitting an abstract, please choose one track and two sub-topics that apply:
- Non-typhoidal Salmonella
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Climate change/WASH
- Clinical outcomes and impact
- Disease burden
- Economic impact of disease
- Immunization programming
- Outbreak response and control
- Policy development, implementation and evaluation
- Post-introduction activities/vaccine impact evaluations
- TCV immunogenicity & efficacy
- Vaccine development
Abstract submissions should follow the format below:
- Background: State the purpose and objective of the research or program, as well as a description of the problem being analyzed
- Methods: Describe the basic design of the study, including the study period, setting, design, population and techniques used for data collection
- Results: Report the key findings that address the purpose of the study. Highlight any statistically significant differences or trends found in the data
- Conclusions: Summarize the overall findings and explain the significance and future implications of the results
Please note the following guidelines for electronic submission of your abstract:
- Abstracts can only be submitted through the online portal
- Abstracts must be written in English
- Limit text to no more than 350 words
- Avoid the use of abbreviations within the text
- Title should not exceed 150 characters
- List the authors and affiliations (limit of 7 authors)
- Do not include tables, figures, or illustrations
- Word (.doc) and PDF files are acceptable
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Panel, and a notice of approval or rejection will be sent to the submitting author in late January. The following review criteria will be used in scoring abstracts:
- Is there a clear background and justified objective?
- Is the methodology appropriate for the objectives?
- Are the results important and clearly presented?
- Are the conclusions supported by the results?
- Does the study contribute to the field of typhoid, paratyphoid or nontyphoidal Salmonella?