The Coalition against Typhoid invites its members to submit symposia related to typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses and supportive of the conference theme and objectives. Each symposium will be two hours and have a cohesive theme and clear objectives. The conference accepts symposia of different structures and encourages submitters to use creative symposia structures.
All symposia should be submitted through the electronic submission system between August 1, 2018 and October 15, 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your symposium.
- Contribute to the field of typhoid, paratyphoid or nontyphoidal Salmonella
- Include a program of speakers from different organizations and countries representing diverse viewpoints
- Be written in English
- Title should not exceed 150 characters
- Limit text to no more than 300 words
- Avoid the use of abbreviations within the text
- Do not include tables, figures, or illustrations
The symposium must be submitted in the following format:
- Symposium title
- Organizer name and affiliation
- Chair or co-chair affiliation
- Symposium objectives and description
- Outline of symposium structure including each presentation title, presenter name and affiliation (limit of six presenters)
The following review criteria will be used in scoring symposia:
- Does the symposium support the overall conference theme and objectives?
- Are the presentations original, and do they contribute to the field?
- Are the objectives of the symposium clearly presented and relevant to the conference audience?