The Coalition against Typhoid invites you to submit a symposium session related to typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses and supportive of the conference theme and key challenges. Each symposium will be 60 to 90 minutes in duration and have a cohesive theme and clear objectives across presentations. The conference will accept symposia of different structures and encourages submitters to use creative formats.
We are no longer accepting symposia submissions.
Symposia Submission Guidelines
What information should you be prepared to include in your symposia submission?
The symposium submission should be in English, text only (no graphics) and include the following information:
- Topic – Please select one of the disease tracks (e.g., typhoid, paratyphoid, iNTS, or enteric fever)
- Title – Should not exceed 160 characters
- Keywords – Up to 5 words, separated by a semicolon (;)
- Primary & Secondary Thematic Track – Please select the thematic track(s) that best characterizes the area of research your submission is contributing to (e.g., Antimicrobial Resistance, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Epidemiology, Genomics, Health Economics, Impact Studies, Modeling, Policy, Vaccine Development, Vaccine Introduction, and/or WASH)
- Please confirm that your session will adhere to our Commitment to Inclusiveness.
- Session Summary – Should not exceed 50 words
- Session Outline – For each presentation, please list the following:
- Presentation Title/Topic
- Speaker Name
- Speaker Age
- Speaker Gender
- Speaker Nationality
- Speaker Affiliation
- Speaker Email
- Take Away Messages – In bullet points, please list the main take away messages that you hope attendees will take away from your session. Should not exceed 200 words
All symposia need to adhere to these requirements and must be submitted through our online submission system to be considered.
What are the selection criteria?
Submissions will be reviewed by the Scientific Organizing Committee, using the following review criteria will be used in scoring symposia:
- Does the symposium support the overall conference theme and objectives?
- Are the presentations original, and do they contribute to the field?
- Are the objectives of the symposium clearly presented and relevant to the conference audience?
When will I be notified if my symposia has been accepted?
Letters of acceptance/rejection will be sent out August 2021.
For any questions, please reach out to CaT@Sabin.org