About the Conference:
The Coalition against Typhoid is pleased to host the 10th International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses from April 4–6, 2017, in Kampala, Uganda. The theme of the conference is “From Evidence to Action,” as the conference aims to invigorate the response to typhoid, paratyphoid and invasive non-typhoidal Salmonella (iNTS) disease by:
- Bringing together the world’s experts to advance knowledge, present new research and promote scientific collaborations around the world
- Setting the stage for the new typhoid conjugate vaccines (TCVs)
- Advancing a clear agenda for preventing typhoid, paratyphoid and iNTS including the cross-cutting issues of water, sanitation and hygiene, urbanization, environment and equity
- Building partnerships between science, government and businesses to strengthen typhoid, paratyphoid and iNTS prevention and control efforts
View the preliminary conference overview schedule.
The conference will be hosted at the Kampala Serena International Conference Centre in Kampala, Uganda. Located in the heart of Kampala, the Serena International Conference Centre is central to many hotels, restaurants and area attractions. Learn more about accommodations, visas and visiting Kampala.
Over the course of three days, participants will have the chance to attend plenary sessions, oral and poster abstract sessions and symposia. Both oral and poster abstracts, as well as symposia, will be accepted for the conference.
- Abstract Submission Opens: August 22, 2016
- Abstract Submission Closes: October 28, 2016 (extended to November 25, 2016)
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Opens: January 1, 2017
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Closes: February 3, 2017
- All posters for presentation must be a width 90 cm (36″) and a height 130 cm (51″).
- Authors are responsible for printing and bringing their own poster with them to the conference. Conference organizers will not be able to print posters on-site.
- Conference organizers will provide free-standing panels/easels and push pins to hang posters.
Registration for the 10th International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses is now open. Registration will close on March 6, 2017.
Register here to join the Coalition against Typhoid in Kampala. Please note that there is no fee to register.
The Coalition against Typhoid is pleased to offer a limited number of travel awards (transportation costs and/or hotel accommodation) for the conference. Applications for travel awards are now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 10th International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses welcomes donor, corporate and non-profit sponsors. We are pleased to offer a range of opportunities including supporting scholarships for young researchers from endemic countries and hosting side events. Learn more about all available opportunities and become a sponsor.
Help us promote the conference, encourage diverse participation from across the world, and let your network know where you’ll be in April with our Social Media Toolkit!