- All posters for presentation must be a width 90 cm (36″) and a height 130 cm (51″).
- Authors are responsible for printing and bringing their own poster with them to the conference. Conference organizers will not be able to print posters on-site.
- Conference organizers will provide free-standing panels/easels and push pins to hang posters.
Presenters can set-up their posters on Tuesday, April 4th from 7:30 – 8:30am at the Serena Kampala International Conference Center. Materials to hang your poster will be provided and conference staff will be on hand for assistance.
Posters are to be displayed all three days of the conference. All poster presenters should stand by their posters during the following times to answer questions from attendees in a one-on-one format:
- Tuesday, April 4: 3:00 – 3:30pm
- Wednesday, April 5: 3:00 – 3:30pm
- Thursday, April 6: 10:30 – 11:00am
Poster Take-down: Presenters can remove their posters on Thursday April 6, between 3:45 – 4:15pm or 5:30 – 6:30pm. Poster materials left after this time will be discarded.
- Posters are usually structured like a research paper, including the following sections:
- Short abstract
- Conclusion or Summary
- Graphs and figures can make your poster more visually appealing
- Use large type, such as 36-point type for section headings, 24-point type for text, and never use type smaller than 18 point
- Bringing handout versions of your poster is encouraged
- You may want to list key references on your poster or in a separate hand-out
For more poster tips, read Ten Simple Rules for a Good Poster Presentation and Preparing and Presenting Effective Research Posters.