Every two years, the Coalition against Typhoid, based at the Sabin Vaccine Institute, convenes the International Conference on Typhoid & Other Invasive Salmonelloses. The conference brings together researchers, policymakers and advocates to advance a clear agenda for prevention and control of typhoid and related diseases. At the conference, global experts share the latest developments and strategies to reduce the burden of typhoid, paratyphoid and invasive nontyphoidal Salmonella (iNTS) disease for communities around the world. Information on past conferences including agendas, presentations, and videos can be found on the past conferences page.
We are pleased to announce that the 2021 International Conference on Typhoid & Other Invasive Salmonelloses will be held as a full-scale virtual event on December 6 – 8, 2021.
On the heels of both new successes (e.g., recent introductions of typhoid conjugate vaccine) and global challenges (e.g., the COVID-19 pandemic), the 2021 International Conference comes at an important time for global typhoid prevention and control. To reflect this, this year’s meeting will be convened under the theme “Beyond Impact: Charting the Course to Meet the Challenges Ahead,” and will focus on how to best carry forward the momentum of recent progress while also developing and driving new solutions and strategies that help us to address the key challenges ahead, including:
- Expanding introduction of and access to typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV) to all endemic countries;
- Building the evidence base on TCV impact and effectiveness;
- Advancing research and development of interventions against paratyphoid and iNTS disease;
- Mitigating the effects of rising rates of antimicrobial resistance;
- Collaborating and engaging with partners in the WASH sector;
- Preparing for and building resiliency against the effects of climate change;
- and, Advocating sustained support for typhoid control and prevention in the post-pandemic environment.
Introducing our Commitment to Inclusiveness
As the burden of typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses is a global one, the Coalition against Typhoid is strongly committed to fostering an inclusive dialogue, where all voices can be heard and contribute to the fight to take on typhoid. As such, for the 2021 International Conference, the Coalition is making a new Commitment to Inclusiveness, ensuring that all perspectives, experiences and insights have a role to play in shaping the future of typhoid prevention and control. Find out more information about commitment here.
Registration for the 2021 International Conference is now open.
For inquiries, please contact CaT@sabin.org.